- 500g extra-lean beef mince
- Salt and milled pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced + extra to serve
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5ml) each ground cumin, dried oregano and smoked paprika
- 1 sachet (50ml) tomato paste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- Toasted sourdough bread
- Sour cream
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- Sliced pickled jalapenos
- Lime wedges
- Season mince and brown in oil.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Sprinkle over spices and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add tomato paste, sugar and water and simmer for 15 minutes until liquid has reduced and mince is glossy. Season if needed.
- Spread toast with a generous dollop of sour cream.
- Spoon mince onto toast, top with avocado, red onion slices, jalapenos and sour cream and serve with lime wedges.
recipe source: https://pnpfreshliving.com/