- 4 chicken thighs, halved
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- ½ bunch spinach, chopped (stalks kept separate and chopped)
- 1½ cups (375ml) rice
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- Fresh oregano, for serving
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Rub with 2 tsp (10ml) oil and season well.
- Brown chicken in a large pot until golden on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot and fry garlic, onion, carrots and spinach stalks until soft.
- Add spinach leaves and rice and stir to combine.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Season.
- Place chicken on top of rice and cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with oregano and serve.
recipe source: https://www.pnp.co.za/