- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 (about 700g) chicken breasts on the bone
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) garlic and ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground coriander
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 1-2 Tbsp (30ml) smooth apricot jam
- Juice (60-120ml) of 1-2 lemons
- ½ packet (250g) risoni or couscous
- ¼ cup (60ml) raisins
- ¼ cup (60ml) Turkish apricots, sliced
- Handful basil, for serving
- Heat oil in an ovenproof dish. Season chicken and brown for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger paste, cumin, coriander and cinnamon.
- Fry for a minute and remove from heat.
- Combine stock, jam and some lemon juice.
- Return chicken to pan and scatter with risoni or couscous. Add stock mixture.
- Bake at 190°C for 15 minutes.
- Add dried fruit and bake for another 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with basil.
recipe source: https://www.pnp.co.za/