- 200 grams butter
- 1 tsp Robertsons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Golden Cloud self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup PnP castor sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC
- Grease a rectangular baking tray (approximately 20x24cm)
- Melt the butter and add the bicarbonate of soda and the golden syrup
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the melted ingredients and combine.
- Press the mixture into the greased baking tray and bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares while still warm.
- Store in an airtight container.