More than 1 hour (plus marinating time) | Serves 4
- 1 can (410g) PnP chakalaka with sweetcorn
- ¼ cup (60ml) dark brown sugar
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 12 (about 3kg) beef short ribs, ribs separated
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 bottle (340ml) Black Label beer or beer of choice
- Salt and milled pepper
- Handful coriander, to serve
- Blitz marinade ingredients together until smooth.
- Place ribs in a large bowl and toss with half the marinade.
- Marinate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Place ribs on a bed of onion slices in a roasting tray.
- Pour beer into tray and season liberally.
- Cover with foil and cook over medium coals for about 2-3 hours.
- Remove foil and baste ribs with reserved marinade before placing directing onto the braai.
- Braai for 15- 30 minutes, basting as ribs cook until sticky and charred.
- Serve scattered with coriander and a side of your choice.
Recipe Source: PnP Fresh Living