- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 glug PnP olive oil, plus extra to fry
- 300 grams calamari rings, or tubes
- 1 dash salt and milled pepper
- 1 link chorizo, sliced
- 1 packet PnP cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can PnP butter beans, (400g)
- 5 ml ground cumin
- 20 ml lime juice, plus extra for serving
- 1 handful PnP fresh basil leaves
- 1 dollop Clover sour cream, (optional)
- Brush bread with oil and toast on a hot griddle pan.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan over a high heat.
- Fry seasoned calamari in batches until just cooked (about a minute). Remove from pan.
- Add another glug of oil and fry chorizo.
- Add tomatoes, beans and cumin and fry.
- Return calamari to pan, season and add lime juice.
- Cook to reheat.
- Pile calamari onto ciabatta slices. Top with basil leaves and sour cream (if using).
recipe source: https://www.pnp.co.za/