- 2 packets (200g each) PnP streaky bacon
- 1 packet (4s) PnP free-range thick-cut beef patties
- Glug olive or canola oil
- 4 seeded hamburger buns
- Butter, for spreading (optional)
- ½ cup (125ml) mayonnaise
- 1 head PnP living lettuce, torn (or salad of your choice)
- 2 salad tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 packet (100g) PnP Emmenthal slices
- Salt and milled pepper
- Chips, for serving (optional)
- Place three slices of bacon vertically on a chopping board.
- Using three more slices, thread the first slice of bacon under, then over and finally under the vertical slices.
- Thread the second slice over, under and over the vertical slice.
- Create a tight lattice by repeating the first under-over-under thread with a final third bacon slice.
- Place a burger patty in the centre of the bacon lattice and fold bacon ends to the centre of the patty to enclose completely. Repeat with remaining bacon and beef patties.
- Heat a pan with a glug of oil over high heat. Place patties, lattice-side up, in the pan.
- Fry patties for 3-4 minutes a side until bacon is golden and crisp.
- Slice burger buns. Butter, if using, and toast in a pan.
- Smear half the toasted buns with mayonnaise and add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and cheese. Season.
- Top with warm patties and burger-bun tops.
- Serve burgers warm with chips, if you like.
recipe source: https://www.pnp.co.za/