- 6 Jumbo Eggs
- 310g of Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 60g of Cocoa Powder
- 50g of Lindt Dark Excellence Chocolate
- 50g of Almonds Raw, roughly chopped
Berry Sauce Ingredients
- 350g of Frozen Assorted Berries, reserve a few of the best berries for serving
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp of Corn flour, mixed with a little water
- 1l of Chocolate Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add sugar, a heaped tablespoonful at a time, beating continuously, until fluffy and stiff.
- Beat in vinegar.
- Fold through cocoa until well incorporated and then fold through chocolate and nuts.
- Spoon meringue onto baking paper and shape into a high disk using the back of a spoon.
- Make a slight indentation in the middle to hold filling.
- Place meringue in oven and reduce temperature to 140ºC.
- Bake for 1 - 1½ hours until crisp but still squidgy in the middle. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Heat berries in a saucepan.
- Add sugar to taste. Stir through corn flour mixture and gently cook until thickened.
- Scoop ice cream into centre of cooked pavlova.
- Serve drizzled with hot berry sauce and reserved frozen berries.